December 11, 2006

Children's Book World

When is a trip to the dentist good? When it's next door to Children's Book World in Los Angeles. It's my treat when I'm finished at the dentist to go in and have a look around. The staff are walking encyclopedias. Want something to encourage gardening? Here you go. Potty training? A whole section. A present for a forth birthday? So many suggestions.

And my need? It's been hard to unravel but the kid has being having some issues around the thought of growing up. One recommendation was Little Bear's Little Boat by Eve Bunting, a wonderful and gentle story. Check it out.



I also picked up The Magic Bed by John Burningham just because I can’t get enough of John Burningham, and this book doesn't disappoint.



And finally, where else can you pick up The Johnny Cash Children's Album? C’mon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home